Saturday 27 February 2010

ATmega16/32 Pinout Sticker

If you are playing with the ATmega16 or ATmega32 microcontroller in the DIP40 package you can put my sticker on it. The sticker describes function of all pins. Thanks to color printing you will easily recognize each group of pins like different ports, SPI, I2C, UART, JTAG, ADC.




Few days ago I wanted to start investigate one project which incorporate Atmel AVR ATmega16 microcontroller. I put them into my breadboard and wanted to start with wiring. I realized how annoying is to check datasheet and schematic to find out which leg is what and then count the legs. I remembered for my early days when I started with electronics. I used handmade stickers which were put on standard logic IC from 74xx family. So I started OpenOffice Draw and create new modern sticker for ATmega16/32. And here is the result:


I made more copies on one A4 page and printed them on self-adhesive paper. After that I put on them thin cello tape. Thanks to this cover the sticker is resistant for touching and it will stay nice for a long time. After that I cut the sticker from A4 page by using sharp knife and stick it on the chip.

Here are some photos of my ATmega16 with new sticker in my breadboard.




LINK:
Download source file for OpenOffice Draw and one sticker in PDF.

6 comments:

Vaati said...

Oh cool! I need to get one of these made for my ATmega8515's so I don't have to keep looking up the pinout... :)

vacancier said...

Extremely cool. Should come standard on every chip. Patent it while you can

Engineer said...

Its very nice idea

Doc Ross said...

Great idea! Anyone want to make a ten (10) sticker pack for the ATmega328P-PU and sell them to me to hand out to our local meet-up? ;)

Unknown said...

Can you please provide an new Download, because the old at rapidshare is not reachable for us anymore.

Mohammed Ayaz said...

Hey. Can you re-share the files? Old link is removed!